Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thanks Tommy's!

As some of you know, I've been playing music at a local pub called Tommy's since the winter when it was bought by three wonderful women from Chicago. They put on an Open Mic night every Wednesday and I've been to almost every one. I've also played there by request a couple of times, most recently to celebrate the birthday of one of the lovely ladies, Rose. Needless to say, I've gotten to know them and they've gotten to know me, and a little while ago I asked them if they could host a benefit night to help me raise some more money and get more of the local crowd involved in the ride and they said yes, enthusiastically. Yippee!

So on Friday, July 27th, i
t's gonna be Ride to the Coast night at Tommy's! There will be live music and Tommy's will donate a portion of the proceeds. We're gonna put fliers up around town, contact the paper and the radio station, we'll set up a booth to sell Livestrong bracelets, and there'll be computer terminals set to the blog and to the LAF website. Sounds good, right? I'm jazzed about the whole thing.

Anyone have suggestions about what else we can do? I'm all ears. I was thinking we could create a cycling-themed cocktail.
No sure what would go in it though...hehehe.

Thanks Bridgette, Stacy, and Rose! You're wonderful!

So I was riding through town a little while ago and some guy on a motorcycle pulls up along side me and says, "Hey, you know you've got a scorpion on your butt?"
How does one respond to a comment like that?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Did you shave your legs?

Matt Eisenberg said...

No, it just looks that way because the shot is fuzzy.

I did try shaving my legs once, but it just felt strange and I couldn't see any benefit to my cycling. I'm not sure if anyone but racers who average more than 20mph over 120 mile courses actually get real aerodynamic benefits from that. Then again, I do know some recreational riders who do it. I wonder if they just like the look?

Lisa said...

Gotcha.
The evening at Tommy's sounds great, I hope it's a big success.

Paula said...

The fund-raiser night sounds fabulous! Please, please, will somebody please video it??

Unknown said...

haha it DOES look like you shaved your legs!
congrats on getting the fundraiser night -- sending good wishes your way!

Anonymous said...

Awesome about the thing at Tommy's, Matt! Sorry I haven't commented recently--been toing and froing a lot between my home and L-mont, trying to handle lotsa things. I'm going to look at your route stuff right now. Cool beans...

fred said...

Most pros get their legs shaved because of their daily massages. It makes it a lot less painful. (learned that at the bike shop)