Sunday, July 22, 2007

TV Interview

I just had my first ever live television interview. I sat down with Ramona from Telluride's Plum TV affiliate for about six minutes during the Morning, Noon and Night show which is the weekend morning show that Kiley used to host. I was a bit nervous as I waited to go on, but the interview was surprisingly fun. I will attempt to get a copy and find out if they'll let me post it here.

Bob Dylan played in Town Park last night. I had a great time, although the music was actually secondary. His singing was mostly unintelligible, as he just mumbled through most of the songs. Still, his band was great and they performed a very cool version of Masters of War, a song he wrote about 16 years before I was born.

This is a painting that Lisa did for me almost a year ago when I first told her I was planning this ride. It's hanging on my wall facing my bed, so it's one of the first things I see when I get up in the morning. A potent motivator, wouldn't you say?

The quote is from a Damien Rice song.

4 comments:

Paula said...

Very cool, re: interview! The Vineyard Plum station puts a lot of their videos online; maybe they can do that for you.

Cool, too, about the Dylan concert. It was neat hearing from you during it last night, although we couldn't hear much other than crowd noise!

Love Lisa's painting. Super support from all around.

Anonymous said...

Woah, Matt. Interviewed on TV? Wicked. I bet they'll let you youtube it. Why wouldn't they?

That painting is just incredible. Um, why is it not framed? Seriously, you can buy a frame and do it yourself without breaking a sweat. But if you want it to really last a long time, you might consider taking it to a place and having it done professionally. Seriously, it'll get crapified if it isn't protected. And it's too beautiful and inspiring and gorgeous to let anything happen to it... scold concluded.

Awesome about Dylan. Remember that article I found in the New Yorker about him? I'll see if I can find it again and send it to you.

Dad and I watched this documentary a few weeks ago that had a lot of vintage baby-faced Dylan. It was called "Festival."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm blushing a little from seeing this up on the web but if it's having the motivational effect I was hoping for, that's all that matters.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.