Sunday, July 1, 2007

Here's the Route

Okay, here's the preliminary route. I haven't conferred with Finn about it yet, so there will probably be some changes. Also, I didn't put much effort into precision, so at some places we may not be on the exact roads shown here, particularly as we get closer to New York and traffic and road quality get worse. I took a few detours, notably to go south through Urbana/Champaign (to see John and Natalie) and then further south to Cincinnati (to see Liz). I need to find out if there are places Finn wants to go through as well, but this should give you a general idea. If anyone lives close by this route and wants to say hi, just let me know.

View the map here.

Ignore those yellow "pause" markers, that's just how google maps lets you manipulate the route.

Google says it's 2,349 miles. If we average 50 miles per day, that's 47 days of riding. I'd say we can probably do quite a bit more than 50 per day, but I don't want to count on it. Factor in a rest day approximately every 10 days to bring the total up to about 52 days, give or take.

I've got one month left. This is starting to seem pretty real.

3 comments:

liz said...

yay matt! i am so excited you are going to be stopping in cincinnati. i just remembered that i made plans w/ my sister to go see our dad aug 25-27 (in IL) so i will be gone then, but other than that i will make sure i am here. i could not tell by the map exactly when you will be here so hopefully that is ok. if not, let me know and i will talk to my sister about switching the weekend. yay!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Lisa said...

It looks to me like Altoona, PA is the closest to DC you will be (more or less). It's a 3-hour drive from DC but if it's a weekend and I can convince my work-spouse to drive me up there, you can bet that I'll be cheering as loud as can be. And you'll have to stop for a chocolate milkshake with me.