Thursday, May 24, 2007

Self Portrait



I was asked to provide a photo of myself on the bike. This is the best I could do without soliciting the help of a pedestrian. The other shot is a handlebar's view. They're both on the road heading up to the Pandora mine at the east end of town. In the handlebar photo you can see Bridal Veil Falls to the right of the middle peak. It was frozen until just a few days ago. I took some videos on my ride today as well, I think there's a way to put those up here. I'll see if I can figure it out.


Okay, I think I figured out the video thing:
This is me climbing up the hill toward the Telluride Regional Airport. Great views, I wish you could see them better in the video.


This is a panorama from just above the airport. You can see the runway, the Wilsons (aka the mountains used in the Coors label), the Telluride ski area, and assorted peaks.


And this is a short clip taken on the bike path headed back into town. That horrible screeching is just the wind, there was no car accident or any thing. This one had to be real short, because the bike path is in lousy condition and very difficult to ride on with one hand.

3 comments:

Paula said...

I'm not able to get the videos to play. Do they for you?

Matt Eisenberg said...

Hmm, they do play for me. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Paula said...

OK, they're fine now. Post more!