Monday, June 18, 2007

This one's short, I promise...

Still haven't gotten over this throat thing. It's a little strange, it feels like i was punched in the windpipe. There has been progress though and I expect to be fine within the next two days. My ride today was short because it was difficult to swallow my water, so there's not much to report on that front.

However, a new website came my way (thanks, Lisa). Remember when I posted about runningmap.com and that I thought it was pretty cool even though you couldn't make your route conform to roads? Enter MapMyRun.com. Just like the other one but with an option to force the lines you're drawing to follow roads. Perfect! And you can easily browse routes that have been saved by other people in your area. Very cool.

Okay, that's all for now. Here's another Arches picture, just for the hell of it. I like this one because it looks like Ethan and Phil are rather awed.

P.S. Oh yeah, I got my business cards in the mail today. Whaddya think? If a stranger rode up on a bike and handed you a card like this, would you bother to read it? It's a bit disorganized in the way it throws information at you, but as long people can read the addresses...

3 comments:

Paula said...

The card looks perfect. Sure, I think people will read it.

Better see a doctor about the throat. You are probably genetically prone to bacterial infections there, and might need an antibiotic to really knock it out.

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I'm so sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better soon! I think the cards are terrific -- if people are going to donate, they will certainly be inspired by them. Your thoughts below about each of us finding a way to give back and do what we can about causes we believe in are spot on. It's true that it's easy to get overwhelmed with everything that needs doing or supporting, and too many people do and then do NOTHING as a result feeling that the mountain of need is insurmountable -- but the reality is that everyone doing what they can, when they can, with the different talents and resources that we all have - is key. I have always thought that if everyone spent some portion of their lives and livelihood involved in some cause, there wouldn't only be immense personal reward for those individuals who chose to act instead of think "oh, that's nice" and move on, but also far less need for government assistance or "someone else to take care of it", when WE should take care of it. Ok, I could go on and on about this, because I'm very passionate about it. But, I'll respect your wishes to not turn this into a political blog. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Matt--also, cool picture at Arches. I remain jealous as hell that you went there.

But the card is good, and I don't think it's too much information.

It does, however, lack the herring logo I was anticipating.