Friday, June 29, 2007

Big News!

I've been planning this ride for months now, the whole time anticipating a solo ride across the nation. I've been steeling myself for the intense solitude and lack of support (not to diminish all of the positive energy I'm getting from you, dear readers; I mean, of course, immediate support). I've been imagining myself, alone, straining against mother nature, my own body, and the immutable blacktop.

Rejoice! It now seems that I shall have a companion in my struggles against the road. The incomparable Mr. Finn, my former roommate and Jackson-to-Yellowstone conspirator has said he wants to join me again for another two-wheeled adventure. I just got off the phone with him and he's as excited about the prospect as I am. I'll let you know more when he and I have worked out some more details.

On another note, thanks to my friend Andy, I've developed a passion for a new hobby: Slacklining. It's like a tight rope except it's slack. Get it? I've done it twice now and so far I haven't gotten more than four steps in, and most of the time I struggle to get one, but it's addictive fun. Andy's only done it three times, but he's already pretty good, soon he'll be doing flips and so forth.


Please make a donation to the LAF

3 comments:

Paula said...

Great news indeed! I'm so glad you'll have a cycling buddy for your great adventure.

Paula said...

Oh, and I wanted to say that your new hobby looks like fun. Should be great exercise for the core muscles too, sort of like Pilates on a rope!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Double-yay!

Mom will probably sleep a whole lot better if you're not alone.

Plus, in a bear attack, remember: you only have to cycle faster than Finn.